Unit Manager (Theatre) Private Hospital Pretoria 35k-40k
|This position reports to: The Manager: Nursing Services|
|PURPOSE:The successful candidate will lead a team by facilitating, enabling and supporting nursing staff to deliver high quality, evidence-based care in a cost sensitive, changing healthcare environment and to ensure compliance to company policies, procedures and legislation.
The theatre complex of the Pretoria Eye Institute includes 6 theatres, a procedure room and 2 offsite theatres.
|Key Performance Areas:
· Effective clinical care management – training and competency assessment.
· Ensure a safe patient environment – equipment handling and care, clean environment
· Effective financial and business process management – stock management
· Effective theatre utilization – staff allocation and placement
· Effective people management – HR process, staff development
· Degree or diploma in general nursing science
· Qualification in operating theatre nursing science is essential.
· Management experience essential.
· Experience or qualification in ophthalmic nursing will be an advantage
· Current registration with South African Nursing Council as registered nurse
Be competent in:
· Planning, organising, delegation
· Acknowledge and apply values in the workplace
· Assertive and confident
· Decision making
· Service Orientation
· Good communication skills.
· Scrubbing for cases.
If you would like to apply for this post please Email us at email@example.com
Brought to you by www.trasa.co.za